Thursday, December 9, 2010

Early Christmas Present from Google

Earlier this week I was doing what I always do in the morning: procrastinating. There was a live webcast from Salesforce's Dreamforce and I had that going, listening to Benioff drone on about how excited he is about...well...everything. Not that I don't like Benioff (you gotta respect a guy that has changed the face of enterprise computing as we know it), or Salesforce (I'm currently studying for my Admin certification), but the presentation was dragging. So, as the true cloud geek that I am, I switched over to the Chrome webcast to see what the Google geeks had in store for me.

Woah.

Chrome extension store. Cool. Chrome OS. Even cooler. Chrome OS on a laptop they call "Cr-48." Just about the coolest thing since Apple's iPad (and a much cooler name). And then the high-geeks of Google tell me that I can go apply to be a tester of this little black box. I figured I'd give it a shot. What do I have to lose, right? I fill out their survey, give my one paragraph reason why I deem myself worthy, and hit the submit button.

That was it...or so I thought.
It's now Thursday and I get home from running errands and there's a box on my doorstep. Not that weird. It's Christmas time the holiday season and sometimes my wife does her shopping on Amazon. So I call her. "Is this for me?" "Nope. You should open it." Well, I'll let the photos do the talking.



I'll let this sucker charge up and get some "real" work done. Stay tuned for more adventures from ChromeOS land. I'll be transcribing the operating instructions later tonight. Quite possibly the funniest set of technological instructions I've read.

-Captain B.

2 comments: